Thursday, July 12, 2007

My Thesis Project Proposal

Since I have now changed my idea to a funny animation, I basically have to start all over again. I am planning on getting images of very nice wine bars this weekend so that I can begin modeling the bar scene soon. But for the first four weeks I would really like to have both of my ugly characters done so that I can get the textures down. I know that I will have to create my male character more than once so that he gets better looking every time the wine glass goes back down to the table. The woman character will only have to be created once because you will not see what she looks like until the end of the animation. I plan on doing the animation through the woman’s eyes. The second half of the semester I plan on texturing the characters and building the bar so by next semester I will be ready to animate. I would really like to learn proper texturing techniques so that I can get a great look for the bar. There will be a number of wine bottles and liquor bottles behind the bar that will be need. They will also have to look like they have fluid in them. The only problem I see arising so far is the wine in the glass. This fluid will have to flow like the real thing and has to react to the character’s movement.

2 comments:

The Klein-o-nator said...

Todd, get some of these reference photos posted as soon as you can. Also, I;m going to want to see sketches for your characters within the next two weeks, the earlier the better. As to your proposal, I want to also see a breakdown of where you intend to be by week 8.

In other news, I was talking with Val about getting John Rowser or Aaron Ross in for one session to demo fluid and particle dynamics for you.

-andrew

AronJean said...

You should upload some photos you took-- Im dying to see what the bar/lounge is gonna be influenced by since there are so many different looks and styles out there.